Sunday, October 25, 2009

Hardcore, Fist Fights, and Meatballs

Weekends are always just another day for me since I usually just sit around and watch movies all day or go on a long bike ride. And since I don't go to school, it's not like saturday and sunday are relieving when they come around at the end of the week. But this weekend was a pretty solid one. I haven't been to a show since we got back from tour, and I decided that Backtrack was a good way to get back in the groove. I had never listened to them before but I saw the flyer which described them as NYHC so I had to check them out. Plus Learn Nothing was playing and they are awesome. It also gave me a reason to hang out with Charles who I haven't seen since tour. The show had a pretty good turn out and all the bands were tight, but there were a few kids moshing too hard which really bugs me. It's a 30 capacity shit hunk bar and your flailing your limbs like Jackie Chan in Rush Hour. When you hit someone in the face every time you throw back your fist, it's time to lighten up. Anyway, some kid hit someone too hard and they got in a little hissy fit with each other and ended up making a 30 minute deal out of it behind Uncle Lou's eventually breaking out in a back alley brawl. The perpetrators were beaten and everyone went on their way. I finished off the night falling asleep to Matthew Mcconaughey in Unsloved Mysteries. Woke up around 11 and headed to Veg Fest after some lolly gagging and gallivanting with Pick and Nick V. It was my first time attending Veg Fest and I was determined to pack an artery full of vegan foodstuff. Disappointingly, I only managed to eat half of a "meatball" sub and some brownies from Food Not Bombs. They were delicious but I came in there wanting to be oozing vegan icing from every orifice. Sad, yet satisfied, I made my way back to the car and took my time driving home to the sweet sweet sounds of Jane Doe.

This concludes another jolly tale of the daily life of Tommy Bahama.
Tune in next week for "Still No Job, but Plenty of Chafing."

No comments: