Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Excercise, Movie Binges, and Unemployment

If you know me, you know I like to watch movies. Constantly. For the past few weeks I have been going on ritualistic bike rides to Goodwill and always coming back pack fulls of vhs tapes (i.e. Rocky, Star Trek, and various Sci-Fi and Action movies). In addition to this incessant film viewing I have been keeping up with my reading with A People History of The United States by Howard Zinn, which I have just finished a few hours earlier, and am now on my journey through the pages of The Short Stories of Earnest Hemingway. The sad thing is that with all of my movie and book reading in combination with my music obsession, it makes it very hard to have a job. Although, I have been relentlessly searing for opening positions at local fast food "restaurants" and supermarkets, with no avail. I still can't bring myself to apply at Long John Silvers for a second time even though it would be nice to have a steady income other than find change on the sidewalk.

In other news there are a few things planned and still up in the air for touring in the near future. One of which being a exclusive to Florida tour Thanksgiving week, the other is classified at this moment due to still pending conversations with superiors.

Other than entertainment and band happenings, I am starting my first semester at Daytona State College in January towards my associates degree in something related to writing or art or whatever. It doesn't really matter anyways, it all just adds up to tiny hopes and dreams that will amount to nothing worthwhile. I will still be a poor lazy bum, just a poor lazy bum that knows how to put words and ink into sensible configurations.

So, as I wrap up another pointless blog entry that maybe two people will read (if I'm lucky) I leave you with this quote from former lieutenant colonel Robert Bowman:

"We are not hated because we practice democracy, value freedom, or uphold human rights. We are hated because our government denies these things to people in Third World countries whose resources are coveted by our multinational corporations. That hatred we have sown has come back to haunt us in the form of terrorism...Instead of sending our sons and daughters around the world to kill Arabs so we can have to oil under their sand, we should send them to rebuild their infrastructure, supply clean water, and feed starving children...
In short, we should do good instead of evil. Who would try to stop us? Who would hate us? Who would want to bomb us? That is the truth the American people need to hear."

No comments: