Friday, September 19, 2008

Resurrect to Destroy

Today was a very busy day for me. Woke up around 8 to get a head start on the day. I didn't feel like doing schoolwork, so I didn't. I had a HUGE cup of coffee, and tried to get some more bids on my ebay items from the b9board. Luckily Charles helped me, and he bid on some stuff to get the prices a little higher. What a nice guy! I sold most of the stuff.
Then I remembered I had to go to the library to return some Cd's, and books. I got about half way down Saxon Blvd on my bike when I ran over a nail, and it went through my tire and tube and was sticking out the other side. I had one of those Fix-A-Flat cheap tube fixer-upers in my back pack, so I used that hoping it would get me to the library and back. Unfortunately, it didn't work at all. it just got greasy white foam all over my shorts and hands.
I ended up walking my bike 2 miles back to my house. I got on my Dad's shitty mountain bike and headed for the all mighty Wal-Mart. It took me a while to get there since that mountain bike wasn't near as fast as my road bike. But once I get there I realize I didn't have much money with me. Luckily, they were having an awesome sale: If you put stuff in your pockets when we aren't watching, you get to have it for free! I got a 27" shit brand tube, and a tube repair kit, which would have done me good earlier. I am successful at being undetected on my way out of the store with my pockets full.
I figured since I am out already, I might as well ride to the library like I was planning. Bad idea. The mountain bike is horrible at tackling the hills ahead on Saxon, and 17-92. It took me forever to ride about 3 miles to the Debary library, but 108 helped pass the time. I return my almost overdue books, and to my surprise I find a Dinosaur Jr. cd! I go to check out, and the bitch at the front desk tells me I owe $8 on stuff I definitely returned about a month ago! I tell her to double check that shit, which she does, and finds out that the computer was wrong, and I don't owe anything. I took my Dino Jr. cd and get the fuck out. I listened to 88 Fingers Louie on the way back and it wasn't as bad as getting there, except for the huge hill in 17-92 that was covered in sandbags, and drainage pipes.
I got back to my house, and changed the tubes, and now everything is Perfecto Padia.
Time to go make me a BBQ tofu sammmmmich!

2 comments:

nathan said...

yay for stealin from walmart! me and chris are always too scared to, there's those huge, bulbous cameras hanging from the ceiling everywhere.

Tommy Bahama said...

haha yea dude, they never watch them. I can't even begin to count how much stuff I got from wal-mart.