Sunday, September 28, 2008

Friday Night Frenzy & Park Hopping

It's been a while since I last posted, but a lot has been going down the past few days.

I have been trying to get my zine finished as fast as I can, but it's a little hard when people don't respond in less than 5 days. But it's coming along slowly, but surely.

On Friday, I met up with Nathan, and some other cool dudes, and we hit up some bike trails and gas stations for a few hours. It doesn't seem like a lot of riding, but we probably rode about 30 miles. It's only the first of many awesome rides to come.

On Saturday, I wanted to see Static Radio at the Black Box Collective, but no one wanted to go with me, and downtown Orlando is too ghetto for an untrained 16 year old, so I just stayed home and watched some Seinfeld.

Today I hung out with Sierra for the first time in over a year. We partied at blue springs for a while, and tried finding cool places to hang out. We pretended to shop at Winn Dixie, and left a cart full of groceries in the store, and ended up visiting almost all of the parks in orange city, and deltona, minus a select few. Somehow I came home with two nerdy looking fish, and a new appreciation for grandma's that race pick-up trucks and draw nude women. AWESOME!

Tomorrow I get my passport, and hopefully a new bike seat. Onward and Upward!

p.s. Hospice steals dead people's belongings. That's how their prices are so low...

3 comments:

nathan said...

i'd like a copy of that zine when you finish it. also next time you want to go to blackbox tell me, i love shows there! and ryan is always there, the orlando yabai dude.
also are you coming to critical mass next friday?

p.s
oh my god! it didn't occur to me that my $0.50 suit coats belonged to some tiny old man...bleargh

Tommy Bahama said...

yea man, I'll hook you up with a copy once it's finished. There is a bunch of good shows coming up at the BBC haha. I'll bring you along if you want.
yes I am, and is friday night frenzy every friday?

nathan said...

dope an dope!
and i guess i haven't figured out what we'll be doing with fnf, and i think it should be every friday, but this week we're taking it off. but if come friday i am restless and bored some bicycling may have to go down.