Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Justice

Just the other night, I awakened from my deep slumber to the sound of a cat scratching at the base of my bed post. I threw back the sheets and hopped out of bed. But to my amazement, a cat I did not see. A blue figure, disproportionate in shape, with arms three times as long as it's legs, and with a head the size of a unripened cantelope, black eyes and what seemed like scars covering it's whole body. As I crept closer, inch by inch, it's eyes turned to meet mine. After peering at me for what seemed like an eternity, it let out a shriek, like nails across a chalkboard, or rusty brakes on an old station wagon. I drew back behind the door, with only my silhouette showing. And as the figure continued to scream, I began to decipher it's howl. "TUI Til I Die!!!!!"

No comments: