Sunday, November 16, 2008

Winter Tour: Part Tu

The show in Spartanburg was awesome. A bunch of kids knew the words and everybody had fun. We ended up staying at this random girl from the shows house. We get to the house (which is in the middle of no where) and I immediately smell cigarettes. There are about 3 ashtrays full of butts and ashes on every seat and leg rest. It was disgusting. Se didn't tell her parents we were staying, so we expected to wake up to yelling and fighting. I was wrong.

As I was dreaming of eating food other than moldy dumpster bagels, I hear a voice off in the distance. It reminds me somewhat of George W. Bush or Bullwinkle. As I try to ignore the annoying southern accent, I focus on the food: stacks of fresh hot pancakes covered with syrup, and mounds of mashed potatoes. Mhmm...I could almost smell it, then I felt a sudden burst of wind on my face, and the smell of vomit and cat urine. I open my eyes to find both parents in reclining chairs smoking cigarettes in their pajamas and they have just blown smoke directly into my eyes.

The father gives me a friendly "howdy fellas" and goes back to watching the tv. Which is apparently a blind man getting jerked off by a woman without a shirt on. Classy. So the mom makes us sausage and eggs, but we decline due to the vegan/vegetarian factor, and we get the hell out of there.

The show in Raleigh, NC is up next. We arrive in Raleigh around 5. The show doesn't start till 9 so we have some time to kill. We walk to Jimmy John's and get some free day-old bread. After about an hour, Jack, Charles, and I hear about an abandoned building near by. Of course we have to check it out.

It looks like an old factory that produced something that required many different sized roofs with ladders, and a large metal door. Jack managed to climb onto one of the roofs and go gallivanting. He is too scared of monsters to look around inside. We head back to the show and watch some bands. After a refused cover and a fugazi cover (both done horribly bad) we set up and play.

The show space is in a basement with a dirt floor covered in plumbing and spider webs. There were about 50 kids in there and it was awesome. We played really well and people were into it. I sold some zines and read some Bukowski that I nabbed from a bookstore.

We stayed at the house that we played at, which was a bad idea. We ended up just getting ready to go to sleep around 2. Drunk butt holes and dude bro's kept yelling and stepping on us so we didn't end up sleeping until around 4. (rock band is the worst game ever invented)

We wake up around 12 and get ready to leave. My brother and I have a moldy bagel fight with the bagels that are too far gone to eat. I lose and we proceed to drive away.

Our show in Richmond, VA got canceled but we managed to hop on a house show in Charleston or something. We got some food from a Trader Joe's and head over to the show. We get there around 6 and the show doesn't start till 9 again so more time to kill. We load up and fuck around for 3 hours. Some bands play and we play, and Charles almost breaks his knee on a speaker (he can jump really high). I sold some more zines, and we pack up and get the fuck out. The dude from Nightbear (one of the bands at the basement show) gave us a place to stay. He apparently lives with a guy in Between the buried and me, and I just met the old drummer of Kingdom. We all watched the Trial reunion DVD together and I did some school work.

More to come!
-Thomas

p.s. cats fucking suck!! (not really, I'm just allergic to them)

P.s.s.s.s.s. I have pictures but it's 3:01 and I am too cold to get the camera out of the van or move at all. good night.

1 comment:

TeenWolfxVx said...

I wish I could have gone so I could ahve jerked off the Between The Buried and Me guy.